PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP) THERAPY
Using PRP Therapy as an anti-ageing facial treatment is highly effective, safe and natural. The process is easy and comfortable with the plasma being extracted using venepuncture (the same process used for blood tests), the plasma is then re-injected into your face through tiny injections. The benefits of this approach are the natural and self-healing effects of regenerated skin, improved skin vitality, improvement of sun damaged skin, and greater skin hydration.
THE PRP PROCEDURE
- Prior to any treatment an anaesthetic cream is applied to the treatment areas.
- The practitioner then collects a small blood sample of 10 – 40 mls from the patient by venepuncture.
- This blood is immediately placed in a centrifuge for 5 minutes which spins the blood and separates the plasma component used in treatment.
- The concentrated platelets are then further extracted for use.
- These platelets are injected with a fine needle, with minimal discomfort, into the deep dermis or fat layer of the skin.
- The platelets will then gradually increase the formation of new collagen and the fibrin skin network, skin thickness and overall health of the skin in the following weeks/months and will continue to have lasting effects for up to 12 months.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Results will not be visible for several weeks as the platelets require time to take effect. For optimal results, a further treatment every 4-6 weeks is recommended for a total of 3 treatments. We recommend regular maintenance at yearly intervals for sustained results.
The areas that are treated include the face, neck, hands and décolletagé. PRP Therapy is an excellent treatment for dark cirlces or bags in the under eye troughs and also highly effective for replacing volume in the cheeks and lips.
HOW LONG DOES A TREATMENT TAKE?
A comprehensive consultation is required prior to having your first treatment. Treatment will require 30 – 60 mins depending on the size of the treatment area.
INDICATIONS FOR PRP THERAPY
- Ageing skin
- Loose, crepey, rough skin
- Bags and dark circles in under eye troughs
- Fine lines
- Poor skin tone
- Poor skin texture
SOMETHING YOU MAY NOT KNOW?
PRP Therapy has been a highly effective treatment in other fields of medicine since the 1970’s, including orthopaedics. The therapy is popular for treating sports injuries as it decreases recovery times and is a natural alternative to other synthetic solutions.
BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY!
Book an appointment with one of our experienced team to explore your treatment options further.